Today, paying tax dues and filing tax returns are activities that have become much easier and more convenient to do after BIR or the Bureau of Internal Revenue developed and maintained the eFPS or Electronic Filing and Payment System.
Taxpayers like you can now file tax returns including attachments online (e-Filing) and pay tax dues through the internet (e-Payment). Payments are done using Internet banking facilities of the Bureau of Internal Revenue’s accredited agent banks or AABs.
Numerous tax and accounting services in the Philippines love BIR eFPS because it allows you to experience paperless tax filing because you can leverage technology. You may pay your taxes online through an Internet banking service by using debit from your enrolled bank account.
Why Use eFPS?
If you’re still wondering if you should say goodbye to manual tax filing and switch to this, here are the top benefits as cited by many tax and audit services in the Philippines:
Convenient – It is convenient since it is very easy to use, and the response or acknowledgment is faster compared to the manual filing.
Cost-efficient – The processing costs are lessened.
Secured – It is more secured since the transmission of data is encrypted.
Validation – The information that you will provide will go through the process of validation before the final submission.
Availability – eFPs are readily available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are available on holidays too.
What are the Requirements to avail eFPS?
- Must be a registered tax payer with the BIR-Integrated Tax System
- Submission of a certification from the President of the corporation allowing or authorizing two officers to file the return and enroll to avail of the eFPS and submitting a Letter of Intent.
- Enrolled in eFPS
- Enrolled in any eFPS-Authorized Agent Bank or eFPS-AAB for the usage of their e-payment system.
How do you enroll in BIR eFPS?
Step 1: eFPS Page
Open the BIR website: www.bir.gov.ph and on the website, it will ask you what you want to do. Choose the option, ‘Use BIR eServices and it will bring you to the BIR eFPS page.
You can also just choose to go to the BIR eFPS page through this link: https://efps.bir.gov.ph/
Step 2: Enrollment Form
Click “Enroll to eFPS” and you will see the enrollment form screen. Fill up all the required information which includes the following:
- Taxpayer Details
- Corporate or Individual
- TIN or Taxpayer Identification Number
- Registered Name but in the creation of a corporate account, the name should be the authorized representative of the business
- Complete name of the authorized user
- Birth Date but in the creation of a corporate account, date placed should be the date of company’s incorporation
- Taxpayer’s Registered Address
- Contact Number
- Reason for e-Filing
- Account Details
- Username – should be one word and have at least 8 characters
- Password – should have at least 8 to 15 characters
- Challenge Question – required for security purposes
- Answer to the challenge question – there should be no special characters
- Active Email Address – the verification code will be sent to your email address
- Verification and Captcha Code
Enter the verification code sent to your active email address and Captcha code to complete your enrollment.
Step 3: Confirmation Message
If your enrollment process has been successful, a confirmation message will appear on the screen: “Record accepted. BIR will be processing your enrollment. Please wait for email notification status.”
In instances where you will see a warning message, it means that your TIN is not yet preloaded in the registration database of BIR eFPS. You need to have your TIN preloaded for you to avail of the eFPS. You should submit a Letter of Intent and coordinate with your Revenue District Office. When you’re done with that, you can fill up the enrollment form again.
Step 4: Email Notification
BIR will send you an email and you are to print it. After that, you need to submit all the necessary documents to the Revenue District Office that has jurisdiction for the activation of your account.
Within 3-10 working days, an email will be sent to you to notify you about the status of your application.
Step 5: Activation of Account
If your account has been successfully activated, you can now start electronically filing your tax returns.
If you intend to pay through an auto-debit system, you will need to maintain an online banking facility with an authorized agent bank or AAB.
Don’t forget to safe keep your account details and login information to avoid problems in the future.
If you need help setting up your account, give our team a call. Our tax and accounting services in Pasig have helped many others with this process. We can do it for you too.